Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wedding woes

When you get engaged, no one ever tells you how hard it will be to plan a wedding. All you hear is, "Congratulations!" and "You're going to make a beautiful bride!" and "You must be so happy!" No one ever tells it like it is, which is to say, "Hold on, because the next year or so will be the most stressful, annoying, maddening year ever, and at several points you will want to kill either yourself, your fiance, your family or the people you are negotiating with because they will all drive you flipping crazy. Gooooood luck!"

I am hear to say that the latter is what should be printed on most "congratulations on your engagement cards."

In case you couldn't tell, I'm have a lot of difficulty with current wedding plans. We're trying to nail down a date/place, and the fact that the officiant won't return any phone calls, and the reception coordinator won't email me back is maddening beyond belief. All I have to say, is thank god for #20 because it's definitely helping me survive this.

Just so you don't feel totally gypped, here is the cutest darn dessert table I've ever seen, featured today on Style Me Pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment