Thursday, June 10, 2010

Applications harder than grad school do exist

Today I did something I'm really excited about. It isn't on the list, but I still think it's totally awesome.

I applied to be on "Say Yes to the Dress."

Words cannot describe how much I love that show. I get teary eyed almost every time I watch it. Really, I love weddings, even ones that aren't my own, and I get great joy out of watching other people's bridal experiences. (The same goes to Bridezillas, on an almost carnal pleasure level. Seriously, I love that train wreck of a show and everyone on it, but I digress.)

Anyhoo, I was talking to my dear friend Bailey, who, coincidentally, is coming to visit me in July, and she asked if we could go to Kleinfeld Bridal. How on earth could I ever say no to that? If you answered, "Well, you can't!" you would be correct. THEN, she went on to say I should apply to be on the show.

Now, normally, I would have said something like, "Nah, they'd never pick me, so why bother?" But, in my quest to try new and exciting things, I thought, "Why not?"

Ya'll, that application is harder than grad school apps, and as Bailey would argue, way more important.

Maybe it's because I have serious trouble talking about myself concretely, but I had serious trouble answering the questions. "Describe yourself in 3 words." I'm a multifaceted person, so it's pretty hard to pick three. I ended up going with loyal, fun-loving, free-thinking. "Describe your style in 3 words." That one was easier, as I could have just said, none at all. As it is, I went with simple, classic, comfortable. The most difficult was "Tell us something we wouldn't know by looking at you." I don't generally have secrets, nor do I live a terribly exciting life, so it was hard to think of something. I ended up going with the list, because it's the most exciting thing (other than getting married) in my life right now.

I think I answered them sincerely and thoughtfully and honestly, and that's really all I can do. So, for better or for worse, what's done is done. I'll keep you all posted.

P.S. I promise I will have a list-related post for you in the next couple days. My cold has developed into a cough, and I've generally felt really crummy. Also, I have wedding woes of planning a Catholic mass wedding to share as well. All that and more, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment