Thursday, May 27, 2010

The quest

Getting married is a big deal.

I'm told that in order to have a successful marriage, one should be completely at peace with oneself prior to marriage. Totally happy with who you are as an individual. Or something to that effect.

I'm getting married next year. I am truly excited, and I honestly cannot wait to be the Future Mrs. So-and-So. While I am mostly happy with who I am (I haven't met anyone who is 100% happy. Everyone has some issue with themselves. I mean, nobody's perfect), I recognize, realistically, there are things I should probably do before going to the chapel.

Why am I doing this? I want to become the best possible version of myself before getting married, and by taking on this project, I can do that. Marriage is work, and I know it won't always be easy, but in all honestly, if I can make it through a horror film, conquer my fear of heights and clowns and go camping in one year, I can be one half of a happy marriage. In a way, it's a gift to my future husband, as I hope that becoming this better version of myself, I will become the best wife I can be.

From this point forward til my wedding day (tentatively scheduled for sometime in June 2011) I will take on my personal Everest and document every terrifying, exhilarating, amazing moment.

So, welcome :).

No comments:

Post a Comment